Appalachian Services is one of the few hiker support and shuttle services that provides services to/from areas not immediately adjacent to, or within seventy-five (75) miles or so of, the Appalachian Trail for both hikers and non-hikers.
In addition to providing trail-related transportation in an area ranging from Atlanta, GA to Harpers Ferry, WV, we also provide shuttle service to/from the northern third of Florida or other areas of equal distance (approximately 450 miles) from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park or Amicalola Falls State Park. For example, if you live in Mobile, AL, Jackson, MS, Memphis, TN, or Cincinnati, OH and are planning a thru-hike we can pick you up near your home (at a very public place), then drop you off at Amicalola Falls or Springer Mountain. Of course that would apply to transportation from the trail to a public location near your residence at the end of your hike as well.
If you are a non-hiking individual and need long-distance transportation within the area described above please use the “Contact Us” link above to give us a brief description of your needs. We will get back to you for/with more information ASAP.
In order for us to give you an accurate rate quote we need the following information.
- Your name, phone number you can be reached at the most (cellphone number preferred), and your email address.
- The date you wish to be picked up.
- The exact location of your pick-up. This includes the city, state, name or description of the location, and the physical address of that location.
- How many people we would be transporting.
- How many canines, if any, would be traveling with you.
Once shuttle arrangements are made we also need your physical home address, the name of an emergency contact, the contact’s relationship to you (spouse, parent, friend, etc.), and that contact’s phone number.